JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
International Food Policy Research Institute
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
O1 -- Economic Development
Q1 -- Agriculture
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Associate Research Fellow for its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. The position is a two-year, fixed-term appointment, and is renewable depending on performance and funding. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Conduct research on issues related to income diversification of rural households, value chain analysis, poverty maps, vertical and horizontal integration in agricultural markets and modern value chains.
- The Fellow will work on empirical micro econometric modeling, and value chain analysis.
- For a complete job listing please go to
- Ph.D. in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field
- Significant applied econometric skills, experience in state of the art value chain analysis, experience of empirical policy-relevant research on agricultural markets in developing countries;
- Strong capabilities in quantitative analysis and ability to use economic theory in innovative and policy relevant ways; experience in collecting and analyzing primary survey data;
For a complete listing please go to . Click on “Careers” and “Research Positions” to link you to Position # 16-104 – Associate Research Fellow, MTID.
For more information on IFPRI, please visit our website at . EOE
- External Application Link