JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Parami Institute of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Yangon, MYANMAR
A -- General Economics and Teaching
A1 -- General Economics
F6 -- Economic Impacts of Globalization
Economics of Development
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Parami Institute (
With a vision to create change agents from all walks of life, Parami Institute aims to transform Myanmar youth into
lifelong learners, effective leaders, and responsible citizens through liberal education.
Parami Leadership Program (PLP) lays the groundwork for the establishment of a full-fledged not-for-profit residential liberal arts and sciences university in Myanmar. The PLP is a four-month program designed to help young professionals develop their critical thinking, interdisciplinary analysis, and articulate communication through courses in integrated sciences, global humanities, comparative politics and global economics.
Parami Institute is looking for an economics professor who desires to teach recent graduates of Myanmar universities, and who wishes to carry out research with them as an integral part of their studies at the institute. We are looking for someone who is a skilled mentor and teacher.
1) Native or near-native fluency in English;
2) A terminal degree in a related field;
3) 3 years’ teaching experience at a higher education
1) Teach 2.5 classroom-hours per week in Economics;
hold weekly office hours;
2) Conduct research activities with students one full day
3) Participate in site visits and experiential learning
activities throughout Myanmar.
- Application Instructions Below
Please submit the following materials in a single PDF file
to Kyle Anderson, Ph.D., Director of External Relations of
Parami Institute (info@
1) Single-page cover letter;
2) Two-page CV;
3) Sample syllabus of a general course;
4) Contact information of three professional references
(phone numbers and emails).