JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Stevens Capital Management LP
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Salary Range: Competitive
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Stevens Capital Management LP (“SCM”) is a registered investment adviser that manages a multi-billion dollar hedge fund that has been in business for 25+ years.
SCM specializes in the rigorous development and disciplined implementation of empirically based quantitative trading strategies. Our highly productive team works in a fast-paced collegial environment, utilizing extensive data sets, technology and the scientific method to devise and employ trading strategies throughout the world’s most liquid financial markets.
Quantitative Research Analyst:
We're seeking highly driven, production-oriented researchers who possess strong technical skills and a thorough understanding of economics and finance, along with the necessary combination of creativity, resourcefulness, pragmatism and attention to detail to develop successful automated trading strategies.
• Utilize your analytical skills, market knowledge and intuition to develop and implement statistical trading models.
• Participate in all aspects of research and trading model development, including generating research ideas, building data sets, conducting statistical data analysis and implementing quantitative production trading models.
• A degree in economics or finance, with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines or a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) with extensive coursework in economics or finance.
• Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
• Strong working knowledge of regression, time series analysis and other statistical techniques.
• Experience building, organizing and analyzing large data sets is preferred.
• The ability to comprehend and synthesize academic literature in finance, economics and statistics.
• Strong financial market interest, knowledge and experience are preferred.
• The ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts.
Quantitative Research Analyst Internship opportunities are also available. Please refer to our website for more details:
- Application Instructions Below