JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Ibaraki, Osaka, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER) of Osaka University invites applications for one associate professor position in economics beginning in October 2017. All fields of economics will be considered.
1. Conducting research on your own initiative.
2. Teaching at the graduate level either in the Graduate School of Economics, or the Osaka School of International Public Policy, both of Osaka University.
3. Teaching at the undergraduate level in the Center for Education in Liberal Arts and Sciences of Osaka University.
Field of expertise: Economics (Any Field)
Rank: Associate professor with tenure
[Exceptionally well-qualified candidates may be considered for the rank of Full Professor.]
Location: Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, 6-1, Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047, JAPAN
Number of openings: One
1. Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in economics or related fields.
2. Teaching ability in English or Japanese.
Employment conditions: Full time with tenure. Salary will be determined in accordance with the personnel regulations of Osaka University. Research allowances and paid vacations will be provided.
Starting date: The job starts in or after October 2017 at the earliest possible time.
Selection process: Review of application material is followed by a visit to ISER for an interview and a seminar.
Equal employment opportunity: ISER actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any applicant because of sex and nationality.
Contact information:Recruiting Committee,
- Certificate of a Ph.D.
- Letter from an editor
- Research papers
- List of research papers
- Letters of Reference
- Cover Letter