JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Stevens Capital Management LP
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Stevens Capital Management LP (“SCM”) is a registered investment adviser that manages a multi-billion dollar hedge fund that has been in business for 25+ years.
SCM specializes in the rigorous development and disciplined implementation of empirically based quantitative trading strategies. Our highly productive team works in a fast-paced collegial environment, utilizing extensive data sets, technology and the scientific method to devise and employ trading strategies throughout the world’s most liquid financial markets.
Opportunities, including full-time summer internships and part-time work throughout the school year, are available for qualified students at each of the undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
• Read and analyze academic research or other source material pertaining to anomalies in the global financial markets.
• Build data sets and conduct statistical analysis on the data.
• Substantial progress toward a degree (graduate level preferred) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) or finance (with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines).
• Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
• Experience with regression analysis.
• Strong interest in learning how to build, organize and analyze large data sets.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.