JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Azim Premji University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Economics of Education
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Azim Premji University invites applications for Faculty positions in Economics. The University offers undergraduate degrees in the Sciences, Economics and Humanities, and masters degrees in Education, Development, Public Policy and Law and Development. The University is committed to try and ensure diversity.
We have 2-3 open positions across levels, with possibilities to teach in the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. We encourage applicants from all fields, but are particularly interested in the following: Economic History, Economics of Education, Environmental Economics, Political Economy, and Macroeconomics.
Candidates whose work focuses on the Indian context would be of most interest. We welcome applicants working in diverse theoretical traditions within Economics. We seek candidates with a strong commitment to teaching and research and a willingness to contribute to a general liberal educational curriculum.
- Covering letter indicating the position and professional statement of purpose.
- A one to two page note explaining why you wish to join the university. NOTE: applications without this note will not be entertained.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books, etc.)
- Statement of teaching interest
- Two or three recommendation letters
Please send in the above documents by e-mail to
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below