JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Stevens Capital Management LP
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Stevens Capital Management LP (“SCM”) is a quantitative hedge fund manager specializing in the rigorous development and disciplined implementation of empirically based trading strategies. Our flagship fund has been in business for more than 30 years.
Quantitative Research Analyst Internship
We're seeking exceptionally motivated students with a strong interest in the financial markets to contribute to our empirical research process. The range of research ideas to investigate is open-ended and will depend on a candidate's background and strengths.
Opportunities, including full-time summer internships and part-time work throughout the school year, are available for qualified students at each of the undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- Read and analyze academic research or other source material pertaining to anomalies in the global financial markets.
- Build data sets and conduct statistical analysis on the data.
- Substantial progress toward a degree (graduate level preferred) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) or finance (with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines).
- Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with regression analysis.
- Strong interest in learning how to build, organize and analyze large data sets.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- External Application Link