JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
The Cadmus Group
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Portland, Oregon, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Cadmus seeks an Associate to join our Energy Services Sector, which provides advanced analytic and strategic consulting services to energy companies, utilities, governments, and non-profit organizations.
- Design/implement complex sample plans to achieve specific research objectives. Studies may involve stratification, two-stage cluster sampling, and ratio estimation.
- Select and apply appropriate statistical and econometric methods to estimate energy efficiency and demand response program impact.
- Justify and document technical decisions related to research planning and data analysis.
- Report and present results and findings, as well as actionable recommendations to utility clients and regulators.
- Manage tasks or projects, monitor progress against milestones and budgets.
- Supervise/mentor junior staff.
-MS in statistics or economics with 5+ years of work experience in a consulting environment.
- Graduate coursework in sample design and design-based inference.
- Strong command of basic statistical inference tools (e.g., power calculation, ANOVA, multivariate regression, discrete choice analysis).
- Familiarity with advanced statistical methods (GLM, categorical analysis, and time series methods).
- Expertise with programming in at least one statistical software package (e.g., SAS, R, Stata, or MATLAB).
Position location is Portland, OR. For full description, please visit our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com
- Application Instructions Below
To learn more about Cadmus or to apply online, please visit our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com