JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Vice President, Applied Research and Evaluation is a senior member of the ideas42 team and
responsible for ensuring that the evaluation component of all ideas42 projects is designed to yield valid
impact estimates, that data are analyzed using appropriate methods, and that results are reported
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting project teams with experiment design and data analysis.
- Ensuring the quality of project outputs related to experiment design and data analysis.
- Building organizational capacity for experiment design and data analysis.
We seek inquisitive, resourceful, analytical individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. For this role, a
strong background in empirical methods and analysis is essential. Given the focus of our work, an
interest in behavioral science and social good is important but prior expertise or training in behavioral
economics or psychology is not required. Specific qualifications include:
- PhD in economics, statistics, computer programming, mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience designing, managing, and analyzing the results of field experiments, working
with large data sets, and applying quantitative research methods.
-Track record of successful management of complex projects and ability to manage multiple
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link