JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Cayman Islands Government
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: CAYMAN ISLANDS
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Salary Range: CI$63,684-$85,656
Full Text of JOE Listing:
To manage the ESO’s Economics Unit, conduct macroeconomic monitoring, forecasting and research, and provide technical assistance to government agencies.
Principal Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Annual and quarterly economic reports, including preliminary quarterly GDP forecasts by sector;
• Annual and medium-term macroeconomic forecasts; and
• Economic impact studies and recommendations on economic development and fiscal policy.
• Master’s degree (Economics, Finance or related discipline) with at least 5 years progressively responsible experience in macro-economic analysis and forecasting, OR a Bachelor’s degree (Economics, Finance or related discipline) and at least 7 years progressively responsible experience in macro-economic analysis and forecasting;
• At least 3 years middle management experience, at a government agency or other macroeconomic policy-oriented/research institution; and
• Thorough knowledge of macroeconomics, public finance, monetary economics and econometrics.
Benefits will be in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.
- Application Instructions Below