JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
International Food Policy Research Institute
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
O1 -- Economic Development
Q1 -- Agriculture
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Associate Research Fellow under the Nigeria Strategy Support Program (NSSP) of the Development Strategy and Governance Division. The position is a two-year, fixed-term appointment, and is renewable depending on performance and funding. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C. The successful candidate is also expected to travel to Nigeria on a regular basis.
• Conduct high-quality research for the NSSP and on the strategic issues of agricultural production, agricultural transformation, rural development, food security and poverty reduction.
• Work closely with the NSSP Program Leader, (based in Abuja), in order to coordinate and implement IFPRI’s country strategy support program in Nigeria.
• For a complete job listing please go to
• PhD in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Public Policy or closely related field.
• Demonstrated experience in research on policy issues related to agricultural production, the role of the state, civil society, and markets and trade.
• For a complete listing please go to . Click on “Careers” and “Research Positions” to link you to Position # 16-114 – Associate Research Fellow, DSGD.
- External Application Link