JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: P0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Third Way is seeking a Policy Advisor for its Economic Program. Responsibilities include:
• Conducting original-source research and authoring high-impact written reports, memos, and presentations that illuminate how the U.S. economy works.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key constituencies, in order to advance Third Way’s mission;
• Monitoring and analyzing online databases, media, and reports from government, NGOs, and academia to stay informed on select economic issues;
• Planning occasional policy events such as panels and lectures; and
• Completing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
• A deep understanding of and passion for economics and the demonstrated ability to write clearly on complex economic topics for a general audience;
• A minimum of two years of relevant experience working on or writing about the U.S. economy or economic policy in government, as a journalist, at a research institution, or in the private sector;
• A graduate degree in economics, public policy, or business—or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field plus exceptionally relevant work experience; and
• Experience conducting quantitative analysis, involving the original interpretation and presentation of economic data, using Excel and/or other statistical software.
- Application Instructions Below