JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Montana State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Bozeman, Montana, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G -- Financial Economics
Asset and derivatives pricing
Full Text of JOE Listing:
This tenure-track position will be responsible for providing high-quality research, teaching, and service. The area of research emphasis for this position is financial economics, broadly defined, and is expected to result in publications in leading disciplinary refereed journals. Research is expected to result in publications in leading disciplinary refereed journals. Teaching will be in DAEE courses at the undergraduate and possibly master's levels, including courses that support the Financial Engineering program.
The successful candidate will be affiliated with the CRAEA, conduct research on topics covered by the Center’s mission (including submission of resulting research papers to peer-reviewed academic journals), mentor graduate students, and participate in the Center’s programs (i.e., participating in CRAEA workshops, seminars, and conferences). The ideal candidate for this position would be highly competitive for Center research fellowships and grants.
1. Ph.D. in economics, finance, or closely related discipline.
2. Established research program related to economics and finance (including, but not limited to consumer credit, banking, corporate finance, risk management, asset and derivatives pricing) that has resulted in publications in disciplinary refereed journals and positive professional recognition, commensurate to appointment at Associate/Full Professor level in the DAEE at Montana State University. Advanced assistant professors with records that would lead to promotion to the Associate Professor level in the DAEE at Montana State University are welcome to apply.
3. Teaching experience and quality commensurate with appointment at the Associate/Full Professor level in the DAEE at Montana State University.
4. Interest in affiliation with the CRAEA.
1. Demonstrated success in communicating research to a wide array of audiences.
2. Demonstrated success in conducting and publishing research in financial regulation, broadly defined.
3. Demonstrated record of extramural funding that supports and results in peer-reviewed research publications.
4. Research agenda competitive for research fellowship awarded by the CRAEA.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with and engage diverse colleagues and students
The Successful Candidate Will:
Have excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, demonstrated leadership qualities, the ability to successfully contribute to DAEE programs, an appreciation for diverse constituencies, and the ability to present their research to a wide array of audiences including government officials, policy advisors, faculty, and the general public.
For more information, please contact Carly Urban ( .
MSU is an ADA/EEO/Vet Pref Employer.
- Application Instructions Below
(1) A letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications listed above, (2) a curriculum vita, (3) a recent publication or working paper, (4) a teaching statement, (5) a research statement, and (6) three reference letters.
Screening will commence March 1, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.