JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
H0 -- General
I0 -- General
Child Welfare Policy
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Professor Joseph Doyle from MIT is hiring a full-time research assistant to work for one to two years, beginning June 2017.
Applicant would assist with health economics and child-welfare research.
Candidates should have:
• Minimum of B.A.
• Strong background in applied microeconomics, including past research assistance experience
• Strong interest in health care and/or child-welfare policy issues, and in using economics to address them
• Extensive experience with STATA, or strong programming experience with other packages/languages such as SAS or R.
Position is located at the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge Massachusetts, with the opportunity to interact with economics undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty from Harvard and MIT. Annual salary is $52,000, with benefits.
Please submit one pdf document containing the following materials into the online application:
1. Cover letter including:
a. Description of familiarity with statistical and computer packages (especially STATA)
b. Brief description of your experience as a research assistant and any independent research (e.g. thesis or other research projects)
c. At least two references with email and phone contact information. At least one reference must be someone for whom you have worked as a research assistant.
2. Current CV
3. Transcript (unofficial is fine).
- External Application Link