JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Texas Lutheran University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Seguin, Texas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Team Oriented Department
Research with Undergraduates
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Texas Lutheran University Department of Business and Economics invites applications for a full time, tenure track faculty position, beginning August 2017. We seek a team-oriented colleague, a dedicated educator to teach a wide array of introductory and advanced economics and business (finance track) courses, committed to challenging students in a diverse student body, including involvement of talented students in undergraduate research.
• Ph.D. in Economics (or ABD, with completion by start date).
• Pursuit of excellence/ innovation in undergraduate teaching.
• Commitment to university/community service, business outreach, professional development.
• Understanding/support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
Preference given for following:
• Student engagement/active learning classroom focus;
• 18 graduate hours in econ-related or math/stats field;
• Interest in teaching cross-disciplinary, on-line, blended, Honors, freshman-experience, study abroad courses.
Salary competitive; excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Full job announcement and submission instructions found at our website, http://www.tlu.edu/jobs/category/faculty-positions/.
Texas Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
Please send your submissions electronically to email@example.com or by mail
Professor Melanie Thompson
Chair, Department of Business/Economics
Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W Court Street, Seguin, TX, 78155 Phone: (830) 372-6904