JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking a Senior Policy Editor to be part of our Publications team. The Senior Policy Editor will be responsible for reviewing and editing both long-form and short-form research, including book chapters, working papers, legislative testimony, and policy briefs.
- Conducting review of first draft for papers and books after peer reviews have been received, similar to the reviews done by academic journal editors.
- Providing additional review for second draft to ensure that reviewers’ comments are incorporated within the final draft.
- Reviewing and editing short-form publications such as charts, summaries of papers, and regulatory comments.
- Working with research program managers, policy writers, and other editors to ensure that research publications conform to Mercatus standards for quality and scholarship and contribute to a cohesive body of research within the “Mercatus School” framework.
For more information, please visit:
- External Application Link