JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
University of Central Florida
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Orlando, Florida, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The College Of Business Administration invites applications for a three-year, visiting senior assistant professor. The person selected for the position will be a vital member of a new master’s-level business analytics program in the Department of Economics. Start date will be August 2017.
(1) Candidates must have earned a doctorate from a regionally- or nationally-accredited institution of higher education in Economics or a discipline closely related to business analytics such as Computer Science, Operations Research, or Statistics.
(2) Candidates must have a record of research productivity commensurate with UCF expectations at the senior assistant professor rank.
(3) A record of success in teaching business analytics and/or related courses is preferred.
(4) Experience in the application of analytics/big data in some combination of consulting, professional time in business or government and/or similar activities is an asset.
UCF applications and supporting documents must be submitted through Human Resources website, for position 37926. Please upload cover letter, vita, and three current letters of reference. Supporting documentation for teaching and/or research is desirable. Consideration of applicants begins immediately and will be accepted until the position is closed. Please contact Professor Harry J. Paarsch ( or Professor Richard Hofler ( if you have questions.
- External Application Link