JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Chicago , Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Nuveen is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
The Senior Portfolio Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of multi-asset portfolios, contributing to tactical asset class decision-making by the Multi-Asset Class Solutions team. This is a leadership position within the newly formed team and plays a key role in helping to build investment and advisory capabilities in Multi-Asset Class Solutions.
• Develop and implement multi-asset funds and model portfolios, with direct responsibility, leadership, active management, and accountability for asset allocation decisions and portfolio construction,
• Identify actionable investment ideas across the global capital markets opportunity set for all funds, model portfolios, and custom allocations
• Develop and systematize investment signals and macroeconomic analyses with quantitative researchers and analysts; it is important to note that the portfolios will not be 100% systematic.
• Collaborate with research, analysts, and portfolio managers at Nuveen and TGAM investment affiliates representing a broad range of asset classes and strategies
• Expertise in tactical asset allocation approaches, risk/derivative/tax overlay management, and the construction of multi-manager strategies
• Deep understanding of the global capital markets opportunity set, including the risk/return character of major asset classes, such as equities, rates, credit, commodities, real estate, and currencies.
• Ability to utilize both quantitative and fundamental research insights to drive investment decisions
• Comfortable analyzing risk across many investment exposures and active strategies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk management frameworks and processes as applied to investment portfolio management.
• Strong communication skills, capable of engaging with various audiences and articulating the products, strategies, investment approach, research efforts, portfolios and performance of the MACS team.
• Possess an entrepreneurial, business-building mind-set.
• Have the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment and to work both independently and as a team member.
• Collegial and cooperative approach; able to partner and maintain strong working relationship with business partners.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below