JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: SEATTLE, Washington, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisers and individuals in more than 40 countries.
As a member of the Investment Strategy Research team, this position will direct and expand research across the Investment Division. Activities will include initiating, fostering, and collaborating on data-oriented projects with other associates involved in investment strategy research, manager research, portfolio construction and analysis, asset allocation and implementation. Many projects will be documented internally to establish corporate memory and others will be published externally to our clients. This position will oversee and create quantitative analysis in support of these research projects and oversee bringing these projects to fruition.
• Conducting bespoke research projects on investment topics.
• Directing and conducting data collection and analysis of investment managers and securities using R, Matlab, SQL, VBA and various internal tools, databases, and systems
• Presenting research and authoring research papers.
• Partnering with associates from around the Investment Division.
• Understanding of quantitative financial modeling and portfolio construction.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously on a wide range of projects simultaneously while directing junior associates.
- External Application Link