JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
University of New Hampshire
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Durham, New Hampshire, UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Q1 -- Agriculture
Full Text of JOE Listing:
UNH Cooperative Extension Food and Agriculture
UNH, Durham, NH
The Agricultural Business Management State Specialist will provide statewide leadership and educational programming expertise in agricultural economics, finance, risk management and other related topics. This position sits at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
The successful candidate will design, implement and evaluate educational programs that address the needs of clientele groups, and will ensure dissemination of research-based information and provide learning experiences and information for farmers and agribusiness professionals that contribute to enhancing profitability and farm viability. This position is a subject matter resource for Extension personnel.
• Master's degree in agricultural field such as agricultural economics or finance or other appropriately related field.
• Five + years' experience working with agricultural firms/farmers on business management and financial management.
• Work experience in farming, agri-business, agricultural lending, or farm management Extension, teaching or consulting.
• Ability to initiate collaborative projects with the agricultural industry, and develop entrepreneurial sources of revenue.
• Skill in program delivery.
To apply, visit:
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer.
- External Application Link