JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: McLean, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Capital One is one of the world’s largest, most analytically sophisticated financial service providers. Our growing Fortune 100 company is known for giving affordable access to credit to tens of millions of customers worldwide. We also provide auto, home and business loans, plus banking and other financial services.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our 100+ modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Capital One’s Risk Management division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally with business throughout the company to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
- Work across the entire spectrum of Capital One businesses to create novel analytical solutions to the most challenging business problems
- Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary team to build cloud-based solutions grounded in data
- Develop, enhance and implement robust statistical and other quantitative models to support loss forecasting, stress testing, capital management, and other business applications
- Apply deep expertise in econometric, statistical and machine learning methods to generate critical insights and decision frameworks for our business and customers
- Fully own the model development process: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection, validation, deployment, business user training, and monitoring
- Providing technical guidance to business leadership
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
- Master’s degree
- At least 1 year of experience in econometric or statistical modeling
- At least 1 year of experience with large scale data analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with R, or Python
- PhD in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field of study
- Proficiency in key econometric and statistical techniques (such as predictive modeling, logistic regression, survival analysis, panel data models, design of experiments, decision trees, machine learning methods)
- 2+ years of experience with R, or Python
- 2+ years of experience with large scale data analysis
- Background and experience in consumer or commercial risk, especially scoring, and forecasting models
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.