JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Case Western Reserve University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A1 -- General Economics
Salary Range: Competitive
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We seek candidates to help foster an impassioned and dynamic undergraduate student population within the department. Candidates should have the demonstrated ability to teach with excellence at the undergraduate level. Experience teaching undergraduate macroeconomics is strongly sought, but not mandatory.
1. Teaching six courses per calendar year
2. Assisting the Economics chair and Economics program director in curricular improvement efforts and student outreach
3. Guiding individual students and student groups in their academic and professional development
4. Providing service to the School and University through committee memberships and other assignments
The initial contract period for this position will be 2 years.
Qualifications: Masters degree in Economics (or related field) required; PhD preferred.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Application Instructions Below