JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Central University of Finance and Economic
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Beijing, CHINA
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
D -- Microeconomics
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Under the direct leadership of Ministry of Education of China (MOE), CUFE is one of the national "211" key universities (one of the 100 universities to which the Chinese government has attached top priority for the 21st Century). CUFE is among the pilot universities building the national innovation platform for preponderant disciplines.
The School of Management Science and Engineering at CUFE was established in December 2006, which is an integrated teaching and research program system based on the development of four main disciplines:Investment, Construction Management, Project Management, Real Estate Management and Management Science. Relying on CUFE’s ideal background, the school has formed its own distinctive feature and advantages. The School has currently formed a multi-level and multi-channel teaching system, mainly consisting of full-time undergraduate programs, master's degree programs, doctoral degree programs, as well as various international cooperation programs. Moreover, the School attaches great importance to the formation and optimization of our faculties through intensive training and effective recruitment, focusing on building a team with strong teaching and research skills, as well as international perspectives.
The School of Management Science and Engineering seeks applications for a pool of lecturers to teach courses about Big Data Management and Applications.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, general duties include doing scientific research, assigning grades, advising students and preparing course materials.
The minimum qualifications required to be an applicant is an doctor or postdoctoral degree and the age should be no more than 35 years old for a male and 40 years old for a female.
The Data Science lecturer will have research and teaching experience in at least one of the following core areas:
• Very large scale data mining and analysis
• Applied machine learning
• Visualizing and communicating data
• Storing and retrieving data
• Artificial intelligent and Applications of Big data
• Storing and retrieving data, Exploring and analyzing data (applied statistics)
• Java, R language and other languages for data analyzing
Please prepare the following document for the interview:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Statement of Teaching Interests/Experience/Approach - Please indicate which MIDS class(es) you are qualified to teach.
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching or other related areas. (Optional)
• Statement of Research (Optional)
• PDF Copy of Recent Publication (Optional)
- Application Instructions Below