JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: New York, UNITED STATES
London, UNITED KINGDOM
G -- Financial Economics
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are looking for an outstanding quantitative equity researcher to join Barclays Quantitative Portfolio Strategy group (QPS) in New York or London. QPS is a unique quantitative research team with over 10 PhD-level analysts. The candidate will be involved in developing stock selection and sector timing signals, asset allocation models, hedging and portfolio optimization techniques for various markets and asset classes. The work will also include using non-traditional data sources and innovative techniques for data analysis. In addition to being an active researcher, the candidate will be expected to take part in publishing and actively marketing the work to clients.
- Ph.D. in Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Strong econometric knowledge including time-series analysis and cross-sectional techniques. Knowledge of machine learning and textual analysis techniques is a plus.
- Ability to clearly formulate and conduct empirical studies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong creativity and ability to work independently or in a team.
- Self-sufficiency in a programming environment such as Python, Matlab, SAS, and R.
- Familiarity with standard financial markets and databases such as Compustat and CRSP is expected.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below