JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
Salary Range: 95,000-120,000
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Education Research Alliance for New Orleans and the National Center for Research on Education Access and Choice (REACH), based within the Economics Department at Tulane University, are now hiring an Associate Director of Research. The Associate Director is part of the Leadership Team of ERA-New Orleans, which produces rigorous research to understand and improve the city’s distinctive, charter-based school system, and REACH, which produces objective, applicable research on school choice policy nationally. The AD/Research Professor will conduct and present original research, write grant proposals, and direct day-to- day research operations of both centers, including supporting and supervising research staff and ongoing research-practice partnerships; building and leading relationships with key partners (including data providers and practitioners); managing internal and external review of research; managing approval processes with the Institutional Review Board; and representing the center at local and national events.
1. Ph.D. in statistics, economics, public policy, education, sociology, or related field
2. Experience using quantitative data, as well as qualitative data, in conducting original research resulting in peer-reviewed articles
3. Experience managing research staff.
4. Demonstrated interest in one or both of the above research topics.
Submit cover letter, CV, research sample, and references at
- External Application Link