JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking to hire experienced or new Ph.D. economists in the areas of Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, or International Economics. For all candidates, solid research achievement and potential are essential. All economists are expected to publish in top academic journals and be able to prepare high-level analysis for Bank policy briefings and publications. Excellent communication skills are required.
The Department provides an outstanding research environment and has a proven track record of producing highly cited work. Salary and benefits are competitive. Information about the Research Department may be found at: https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/
• Conducts independent and original research on economic issues.
• Conveys the results externally to the academic community and general public through published articles and presentations and internally to the Research Department, Bank President, and Boards of Directors.
• Provides commentary and recommendations on current economic developments and policy issues to senior management and others.
• Works with and mentors Research Associates.
• PhD in Economics
• This position requires access to confidential FOMC and or/supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and lawful permanent resident and meet other eligibility requirements.
• All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer an extensive benefits package including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, ample Vacation and Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a fully paid defined benefit pension plan.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• External Application URL and Instructions Below
Please go to https://rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/FRS/job/San-Francisco-CA/Economist_R-0000013159 and complete the application. In addition, please complete your full application through EconJobMarket at https://econjobmarket.org/positions/8570. Complete applications must include a cover letter, CV, and at least one research paper. Candidates with experience should provide a list of references, while new PhDs should have three reference letters.
The application deadline is November 18, 2022. The Research Department plans to hold interviews virtually by early December.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below