JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Title: Principal Economist
Location: Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-time/Exempt
Edgeworth Economics is an economic and quantitative consulting ﬁrm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigation, regulatory, and other challenges involving antitrust, class certification, intellectual property, and labor and employment. Edgeworth’s expert economists, statisticians, data analysts, and other professionals assist clients with innovative solutions rooted in the rigorous application of economic principles and hard data. Organizations including leading law ﬁrms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies in North America and China rely on Edgeworth Economics to help them navigate through their most critical legal disputes and other challenges.
Edgeworth Economics is seeking candidates who are passionate about solving real-world economic, quantitative, and business problems. Principal Economists are responsible for providing project team leadership in the preparation of economic and statistical analyses for a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Identifying key economic issues and developing relevant analytical frameworks
• Formulating economic and statistical models
• Conducting empirical studies
• Performing quantitative and qualitative research
• Assisting economic testifying experts
• Presenting results of analyses
• Helping companies leverage analytic tools to better manage innovation
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Candidates should have a MBA or Ph.D. with expertise in economics, statistics, or related areas such as econometrics, competitive economics, market structure, price theory, industrial organization or labor issues is a plus
• At least 3 years of experience in economic consulting or a related quantitative field is preferred
• Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
All interested candidates must apply through the JOE system. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, relevant writing sample, unofficial transcript, and two references.
If you are interested in interviewing prior to the AEA conference, please send your application materials to email@example.com and indicate “Pre-AEA Candidate – (Your Name/Your School)” in the subject line.
- Letters of Reference
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter