JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Le Moyne College
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Syracuse, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: D -- Microeconomics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics at Le Moyne College invites applications from applied microeconomists who are strongly committed to undergraduate teaching and scholarly research for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2023. The assistant professor position carries a teaching load of 3-3, including intermediate microeconomics, introductory economics, and 2-3 upper-level economics courses. The successful candidate's teaching and research interests will align with at least one of the program areas in the Madden School of Business (
We are interested in a colleague who appreciates the Madden School of Business Core Values:
• We recognize service to students as our central commitment.
• We value faculty teaching, research, and community service, and continually strive for academic excellence.
• We expect high standards of integrity and ethics.
• We uphold an environment of respect, collegiality, concern, and collaboration.
• We value open and effective communication.
• We value intellectual inquiry and investigation.
• We value service to others.
• Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Economics by the position start date.
• Applicants experience teaching undergraduate college students.
• Applicants must possess evidence of an active research agenda.
Individuals interested in this position should submit a letter of application describing both your interest in teaching and the courses you would most like to teach. Also, applicants should provide a diversity statement indicating your experience in teaching and/or working with diverse student populations and explaining the ways in which you as a scholar, teacher or community member would further the College’s goal of creating a diverse educational environment.
In addition to the letter of application, applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations, job market paper, research statement, and diversity statement at . Also, applicants must arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent electronically to lemoynehr@ with the subject line "Assistant Professor Microeconomics For full consideration, complete applications should be received by December 9, although we will continue to consider applications until the position is filled.