JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
US Copyright Office
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
O3 -- Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
D0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The U.S. Copyright Office (USCO) is seeking an experienced economist in the areas of intellectual property, innovation, cultural economics, or closely related field). Solid empirical research achievements and potential are essential. Economists are expected to publish in academic journals and prepare insightful analysis for USCO senior management, Congress, industry stakeholders, and the public.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work as part of a dedicated research team conducting impactful economic research on domestic and foreign policy around intellectual property and the creative industries.
• Conduct rigorous and innovative empirical research relating to copyright policy and the creative industries.
• Propose new research to be conducted by the Office.
• Present new and existing research findings to varied audiences.
• Collaborate with academic researchers as well as counterparts in other US and international agencies.
• Develop a deep understanding of how the US copyright system and creative industries (e.g., music, film, software, art, etc.) operate.
• PhD in economics is desirable
• Extensive experience with modern empirical methods.
• Demonstrated research track record
• The ability to convey complex and nuanced ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Application Instructions Below
For more information on the Copyright Office visit:https://www.copyright.gov/about/jobs/