JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
NC State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is seeking applications to fill a tenure-track position in Econometrics at the Assistant Professor level. The appointment will begin August 16, 2017, and applicants should expect to hold a Ph.D. in Economics or closely related field by that date. Annual teaching load is two courses, including a doctoral course in micro-econometrics.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
• Build and maintain a successful research agenda leading to publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
• Be an effective teacher at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
• Participate in research with graduate students, including the supervision of PhD dissertations.
• Provide service to the department, college, university and scholarly organizations. The willingness to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations that reach across academic units is a plus.
Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College and University as a whole. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to foster an environment that is respectful and welcoming of all groups. The department will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link