JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
I1 -- Health
I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
I3 -- Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Opening for highly skilled and motivated individual to work as full-time research professional for one to two years. Start date June or July 2017. Works under Professors Emily Oster and Bryce Steinberg at Brown University, and Professor Manisha Shah at UCLA. The position will be located at either Brown University or the NBER main office in Cambridge, MA.
Qualified candidate should have: (i) strong quantitative background; (ii) strong computer skills; (iii) ability to work independently to solve problems; and (iv) long-term interest in pursuing research in economics/finance. Background in economics is a plus.
Interested candidates should upload a resume, transcript and cover letter, combined into a single pdf file, into the application at
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support ongoing research projects of faculty, compile, manipulate, and analyze data using various search engines/software packages.
2. Obtain and organize information for research from other academic institutions and practitioners.
3. Proofread/edit citations of funded research reports, working papers, and publications.
4. Maintain effective communication with all members of the faculty and outside institutions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Relevant research experience preferred.
3. Familiarity with SAS and Stata.
4. Familiarity with Python and SQL preferred.
- External Application Link